What's Going On?
County Council and MPC Meetings
Cardston County's Council meetings are held on the 2nd Monday of each month. Occasionally we require a second meeting during the month which will be held after the Municipal Planning Commission meeting on the 4th Monday of each month.
The next Council meeting will be held on September 12th, 2016. The next Municipal Planning Commission meeting will be held on September 26th, 2016.
As always, anyone is welcome to attend our meetings and recordings of the meetings are available on our Youtube page.
Emergency Communications Request for Proposal
Cardston County is seeking Request for Proposals for the provision of regional emergency management communication radios.
You can find a copy of the Request for Proposal with detailed instructions for submissions here. The closing date for submissions is September 16th, 2016.
RFP Clarifications (August 25th, 2016)
1. Question: Are current radio communications coverage maps available for review?
2. Question: What are the specifications of the antenna systems that are requested for the base stations and repeaters?
Answer: Recommendiations should be included in the submission.
3. Question: What is the cabling specifications that is to be provided with the antenna systems?
Answer: It should be based on height of towers of 150’ and 100’ (Mim ½’ Heliax).
4. Question: What type of vehicles will the mobiles be installed into and what gain of antennas are required? Pickup, Fire Trucks, Graders, and other heavy equipment.
Answer: Gain should be 2.5 – 3 db.
5. Question: What system capacity requirements are required?
Answer: Talk among the organizations collectively and within each organization individually.
6. Question: Does Cardston County have a fleetmap developed for talk group assignment?
Answer: Each municipality will require their own talk group.
7. Question: Do you intend on connecting the four repeaters via IP to form a single system or are all of these repeaters standalone systems?
Answer: No. They will be standalone systems.
8. Question: Are you asking for DRM or P25 digital mode?
Answer: This radios will not be working on the Alberta AFRRAC system, so we will require DRM mode.
9. Question: The date of installation and training is to be implemented in the summer of 2016. Since we are a couple of days into September, can you revise the date?
Answer: Yes. The date of installation and training will be changed to prior to 2017.
9. Question: Have you conducted any studies for this project? If so, did the consultant make any recommendations for the exact coverage of the analog vs. digital mode.
Answer: Yes. Coverage surveys can be found in the answer to Question 1.
2016 Transboundary Water, Weeds, and Stewardship Tour
Big shout out to the County of Warner, Milk River Watershed Council Canada, Glacier National Park, AAAF Association of Alberta Agricultural Fieldmen, and Montana Weed Control Association for partnering with us on an excellent 2016 Transboundary Water, Weeds, and Stewardship Tour!
The Transboundary Tour took over one hundred delegates from various governments, businesses, and organizations across parts of Alberta and Montana to learn about watershed management, weed control, and land stewardship. We'll be sharing more info and photos from the Tour with you next week on our Facebook page.
Another big shout out to Dow Agrosciences, Crop Production Services, Engage Agro, BASF, AG-West Distributing Company, Alberta Invasive Species Council, Bayer Crop Science, Rozol RTU, Play Clean Go, and the Milk River Watershed Alliance for sponsoring the 2016 Transboundary Water, Weeds, and Stewardship Tour. We couldn't have done it without your help!
Auditing Services Request for Proposal
Cardston County is inviting proposals from qualified accounting and auditing firms for the provision of professional services to audit annual financial statements in accordance with the Municipal Government Act and Public Sector Accounting Board standards.
You can find a copy of the Request for Proposal with proposal requirements and submission instructions here. The closing date is September 16th, 2016.
RFP Clarifications (August 24, 2016)
1. Question: Is it current practice for the auditor to attend the inventory count performed in the first week of January? The RFP mentioned a confirmation of inventory for the first week of January.
Answer: We have always done this in the past, however, you as the auditor can purpose something different as long as it is in the best interests of both parties in terms of time and money. We perform our in house inventory “Final” count between Christmas and new years of each year. Most items are inventoried monthly.
2. Question: Is there a third party engineer which measures the County’s gravel at year end to determine the inventory value or is the gravel measured by the County?
Answer: We use a reputable engineering company who uses drones to measure the inventory count. This company is used by at least ten other counties. Prior to this the engineers also did it manually.
3. Question: Does the auditor prepare the financial statements?
4. Question: When was the last Tri Annual audit for LAPP completed ?
The Real Dirt on Farming
Hopefully you have had a chance to browse through the Farm & Food Care magazine that we provided to you with our property tax notices this year.
The Real Dirt on Farming magazine is also available online without charge. Help us spread the word about our agricultural industry, which is vital for our region and for anyone who eats food.
Weed Spraying Program & Equipment Rentals
Cardston County provides a weed spraying program for residents to help combat the spread of damaging weeds throughout our region.
We provide this service on a cost-recovery basis, with our rates begin at $55/hour, with a $50 startup fee and a minimum total charge of $100. Take a look at the attached brochure for more information.
We provide a rental equipment service to assist our local agricultural producers with soil conservation, pest control, and weed control. Take a look at our brochure for more information. A full list of rental equipment and rates are available by clicking the link on the sidebar to the right.